Saturday, February 1, 2014

What a year it has been, what a year it will be!

Alright guys, for real I need to start writing on here more regularly. I really have placed it aside and I regret that very much. I apologize to those of you that are shy to write a comment and that have read my posts. I really didn't mean to take this much time off at ALL! A lot has happened since last april, so I will update you quickly.

Since the passing of my family member, I did relapse for some period of time, I had to go to a psychiatrist, and was very open this time about what I was feeling, why I wanted to get better and why I was willing to work WITH him as opposed to AGAINST him, since I knew it was in my best interest.

I finally started my placement from my social work degree last september, and am working at a rehabilitation centre for youth with addictions to substances. It has been a fantastic experience and has definitely changed my views on those people that have had to suffer addictions due to different circumstances. I have learned so much from those youth, and as I have told them personally, they are some of the strongest people I know.

Recently, I have been rediagnosed with cyclothymia (which is very similar to Bipolar II if some of you know that). And sadly to say, symptoms of my eating disorder have resurfaced, but again as with my relapse last year, I am soo determined to ask for help when I need it. I have the skills and willingness to work through this battle and I now that each one of you going through your own battles deserve to learn these skills as well. Asking for help is not WRONG. There is no shame in asking for help when you need it.

It is OKAY to not be okay, to feel whatever you are feeling. If you are having a good day, EMBRACE IT, if you are not, talk to someone about it. Someone that will understand or at least potentially be able to understand. If that person is not someone you can talk to face to face, try phoning them. If that is not possible either, seek out "strangers" that care. I am one of those "strangers". I do not expect you at all to feel fantastic after talking, but I do promise I won't leave.

Remember that everyone deserves to be loved even if that love can only be felt through a screen.

Xoxo,

Girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment